ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin
General Meeting Jan 22, 2019 Amherst Audubon Library
Website is back online.  See the Announcements board for details.

Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
Read 2574 times
* May 13, 2011, 02:47:44 am
I listen to most everything on headphones.  When I'm not using a portable mp3 player, I've used a pair of Sony RF headphones for many years.  They're great, but have a frequency response of around 40 - 12000Hz.  I'd like to get back to the 20 - 20000 or better that I get using directly connected headphones.

The other day, the idea of using Bluetooth occurred to me and I was off to the web.  I found a bunch of headphones and even a bunch of standalone transmitters that I can hook up to my TV or stereo.  Aside from the wide range of prices, the main problem was that none of the ones I looked at (transmitters or headphones) mentioned their frequency response at all!  Usually when a spec like that is omitted it's  because it's really bad.

Can anyone tell me how to select a good pair (transmitter and receiver/headphone with built in receiver) with a wide frequency response?

A few notes:
I'm not attached to Bluetooth or RF, I just want something with improved frequency response.
My hearing is less than perfect, so I don't need audiophile quality, but I do want to be able to make it loud and I need a relatively flat frequency response with  realistic bass.  I don't want super bass, just a full, rich sound.
My cellphone does Bluetooth, but I've never used the feature and probably won't.
My notebook also does Bluetooth (or at least Linux tells me it does ;)     ), but I've never tried that either.  That, I would use.

TIA

Joe
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:58:03 am by josephj »