ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin  Website is back online.  See the Announcements board for details.
General Meeting Jan 22, 2019 Amherst Audubon Library (Cancelled)  See you February 26
APCUG - Virtual Technology Conference, February 9 See Club Discussion forum for details.

Turning off numlock in Win 7
Read 10786 times
* July 29, 2012, 03:55:31 pm
I want my numlock off by default in Win 7.  I Googled it and saw that I was supposed to set a registry key from 2 to zero.  The problem is that that key has a totally squirrelly value in it.

HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators is 2147483648.

Can I just set this to 0 or is there something more going on here?

This is a new Toshiba notebook and I am just about done configuring the base Windows 7 install before installing Linux in another partition.

TIA

Joe

July 30, 2012, 09:24:17 pm
I want my numlock off by default in Win 7.  I Googled it and saw that I was supposed to set a registry key from 2 to zero.  The problem is that that key has a totally squirrelly value in it.

HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators is 2147483648.

Can I just set this to 0 or is there something more going on here?

This is a new Toshiba notebook and I am just about done configuring the base Windows 7 install before installing Linux in another partition.

TIA

Joe

http://www.ehow.com/how_5893662_turn-off-numlock-laptop.html

Jerry

* July 31, 2012, 01:53:15 am
Thanks.  So the value that's there is garbage.  Weird, but I'll zero it and see what happens.