ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin  Website is back online. 
General Meeting March 25 , 2019 Amherst Audubon Library   

Daylight Saving Time Patch Tester
Read 5729 times
March 08, 2007, 02:23:00 pm
If the circle turns green, then your computer is patched and ready for Daylight Savings Time this weekend. (Note: For XP and Me only).

http://dst.cdes.umn.edu/

Jerry

* March 08, 2007, 03:50:58 pm
Hey WoW it worked and it says I am ready. I think everybody should run this and please let us know the outcome by posting back here.

cya l8r

Ed.

* March 08, 2007, 06:33:58 pm
Program works great! Your right, it should be tried out by owners of Windows ME/XP!

Dane

March 11, 2007, 08:26:27 pm
Well guys I never did run the tester program but I guess my patch/update worked okay. I booted up this morning and the time was correct for the new DST. I am not too sure why there was so much concern about it on home computers anyway. I mean unless you have something critical scheduled on the machine using the clock why would it matter. It is extremely simple to just manually change the time ahead one hour and then switch it back again in 3 weeks when the old change date came up.

MrDonK! (aka Don Koepf, ComSoc Trustee)

No matter where you go, there you are.

March 11, 2007, 09:22:17 pm
Just like Y2K / Early arrival of daylight savings less disruptive than expected

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/11/BAGGTOJG8A58.DTL

Jerry

* March 11, 2007, 10:09:33 pm
Hey Mine worked just fine also, I think it was a bit boring because for once a Microsoft patch actually worked. I think that is amazing.  ;D ;D

Oh There is more than just changing the clocks and that is what the rest of the patch is for. Example if you use the scheduler on Outlook the patches take care of that and also other things like server date etc. If it was just move the clock ahead then Microsoft would not have spent the money on writing the patches.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:13:01 pm by ozrom1e »