ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin
General Meeting Sept 24, 2019 Amherst Audubon Library   

Site software upgrade
Read 4096 times
April 22, 2007, 12:23:05 am
Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that I upgraded the software this site runs on tonight.  Most people won't even notice any difference, but there are a few things different here and there in your profiles and a couple minor changes in the forum boards.  The major changes are on the administration side, code base and processing efficiency which will help for site administration, server load and page processing for the users.

Ok, so a lot of that is over most people's heads.  Basically, the site got an upgrade and it should work better.  If anyone has any questions about how something works, please don't hesitate to ask.
And if anyone finds something that doesn't work right or doesn't display properly, please let me know ASAP so I can fix it.  Occasionally things can get overlooked.  ::)

If anyone is interested in setting up and running a site similar to this (for those with some knowledge about websites), checkout Dynamic Systems & Content Solutions.  A friend (Mac on this site) and I run that site as well as develop the software, Sphinx Portal, which we use here on this site.

CrazyC!    (aka Chris Koepf)

April 22, 2007, 10:21:44 am
Looks like it took OK, at least as far as moving to Sphinx and upgrading SMF.

Noticed on returning after the upgrade that cookies were unset, which logging back in was fine. So, at least the password encryption update went well. Definitely a relief as another site is upgraded successfully.