ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin  Website is back online. 
General Meeting March 25 , 2019 Amherst Audubon Library   

Adelphia to Road Runner in Buffalo area
Read 21782 times
April 30, 2007, 02:58:11 pm
I checked my IP address this morning and it changed from 24.xx.xxx.xx to 98.x.xx.xxx. My domain changed from kntnny.adelphia.net to buffalo.res.rr.com. So I guess Buffalo is now officially Road Runner. Also the rr.com home page which only works with rr ip addresses now works for me. I have yet to get the email to change the server settings in my email program.
Jerry

* April 30, 2007, 06:28:03 pm
Hey, Beep, Beep I am glad it is coming along for your internet connection. Next is the rather large job of changing all of the email addresses that are out there for all of the different publications and other things you get. Fun WOW!  ;D ;D :) :)

Have fun.

April 30, 2007, 06:54:20 pm
More information:

What's Wrong with My Time Warner Internet Service?

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=47629

Jerry

* April 30, 2007, 08:01:50 pm
First of all you should say in the post that the statement about what's wrong is not coming from me. I am perfectly dis-satisfied with my Verizon.   ::) ::) Not really but when I call tech support and the only question the tech can ask is about my speed and it is always the same one it leaves a bit to be desired.

Now to the question at hand. Don't these people understand that they are not the only ones on the RR system. It can take a bit to figure out what is wrong.

I know just how to fix it. We will send our CrazyC over there and he will have it up and road running in no time at all.

I feel sorry for all of those folks who are having trouble actually it happens to all of us no matter what we are on cable or DSL.

Have a good one and enjoy.   ;D :) ;D :) :P

* May 01, 2007, 04:42:32 pm
After 3 days internet is backup and running, finally. 

Don S

May 01, 2007, 04:52:00 pm
I heard that there were problems with the transition in areas such as Amherst , Orchard Park and Hamburg.
Here in Niagara Falls, it seemed to go through smoothly. But I hope that now that they seemingly fixed it in the problem areas, there will be no more problems.

Jerry

May 05, 2007, 07:16:17 pm
Interesting......
Now my IP address is changed today  to 76.xx.xxx.xxx. I understand that with cable broadband internet your IP address rarely changes. I had the same IP with Adelphia for a long time.
Jerry

* May 13, 2007, 09:49:34 pm
you are on  different network

May 14, 2007, 09:28:26 pm
When I had Road Runner, my IP address seldom changed.  It's probably due to the transition process. They may still be configuring routers and such which may cause your IP to change a few times.
Of course, unless you're actually having people connect to you locally, a changing IP doesn't affect anything as far as your connection to the internet.  ;)

CrazyC!    (aka Chris Koepf)

May 14, 2007, 09:40:33 pm
Connection problems earlier tonight , very slow speed, but back to normal now. I guess they are still in the transition process.
Jerry

* May 14, 2007, 10:10:25 pm
Well, According to the news at 10 PM this was not associated with the transition and Time Gennie had no idea what happened. But it was reported fixed at or around 9:30 PM. Gee for now I'll put up with the speeds on my Verizon going up and down like a yo-yo<g>  ;D

Good Luck TW

May 19, 2007, 05:54:26 pm
Anybody formerly with Adelphia HSI  get the email today that adelphia.net addresses have been officially changed to roadrunner.com? Apparently we can now put the road runner servers in our email programs.

pop-server.roadrunner.com

smtp-server.roadrunner.com

Jerry