ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin  Website is back online. 
General Meeting March 26 , 2019 Amherst Audubon Library   

Spybot and AdAware Updates
Read 9165 times
January 26, 2007, 04:01:23 pm
AdAware had a new definition update out yesterday and Spybot has some updates out today. You can update from within the programs.

Jerry Hart

* January 31, 2007, 08:25:40 pm
SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware SE Personal have updates as of 01-31-07 be sure to update before using these programs.

cya l8r

Ed.

January 31, 2007, 11:20:32 pm
I'm so glad I don't have to waste my money on that kinda stuff. :D

Spyware? What's that? ;)

* February 01, 2007, 07:22:22 am
Really want to find out what Spyware and Adaware really is then do not buy one of the newer Macs that have the Intel chip in it.

Mac is drawing some attention and it will get worse I am sorry to say, take aread on this advisory even though it is not critical

On not wasting your money on that kinda stuff, they give you spyware and stuff for Free it just costs money too fix it.

http://secunia.com/advisories/23945/

Yep it's a gonna get you soon.

cya l8r

Ed.

PS Thanks for posting it is nice to see someone else posting it might get contagious, hopefully.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:24:15 am by ozrom1e »

February 01, 2007, 11:46:27 pm
And this is compared to how many for windows?

At least Apple doesn't let them sit for 6 months or more.

So sorry to say, while nothing is 100%, M$ has ticked enough people off and made enough enemies out there that if it says M$ on it it's going to be a target.

But hey, that's OK.

The question I ask myself is this. Whom do I trust with my data environment? Can I trust M$? Absolutely not. Not any further than I could throw a cow down a country road. Their track record speaks for itself, and I can't trust their product to work.

Do I trust Apple? Much more than William Gates, you bet I do. Of course, with experience on all major platforms out there it's much easier to make an informed decision.

One I don't regret for a microsecond. :D

* February 02, 2007, 03:16:31 pm
I get alerts from a site called Secunia and there was about 470 alerts I got last month there were about 3 or 4 specifically for OSx for MAC but the vast majority were for linux based systems which is a derivative of Unix. I am not worried about it though your day will come just keep your eyes open. I will be the first to admit if I had the money to purchase all of the programs that I needed to do what I am doing now I would et a MAC and I do not mean one from MacDonald's.

February 04, 2007, 12:14:42 am
Hmmmm...

You do you know wouldn't have to repurchase those programs, right Ed? Bootcamp or Paralles will do you right in that department.

Or, come Leopard... just install it and run it. All though it's yet to be determined if that's going to be a feature of Leopard, or through a separate program. Similar to Open Office on *nix.