ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin  Website is back online. 
General Meeting June 25, 2019 Amherst Audubon Library   

spoofstick program
Read 9660 times
September 16, 2007, 09:53:34 am
Is there another program like Spoofstick since it's not compatible with the latest version of Firefox ?????

Relic (aka Mike Burton)

* September 16, 2007, 10:03:24 pm
Hi Mr. Relic,I did some searching and could not find anything that does the same thing but since the last version is not compatible with the newer version of Firefox I am sure they will be coming out with a new version. One way to keep from going to the phony sites is to keep the HOST file up-to-date that usually helps.

Thanks for posting here on Questions and Answers I hope my answer has helped you.

September 18, 2007, 01:09:23 am
I got my SpoofStick to work using the Nightly Tester Tools add-on in Firefox. It can make some but not all incompatible extensions compatible with the newest version of Firefox. It puts a "make compatible" button in the add-ons window that you get from Tools -> Add-ons.  It also does other things.
http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/nightly

Jerry

September 19, 2007, 07:09:00 pm
I'm lost seems I don't know what I'm doing. I tried downloading spoofstick and all I get is the install window and then says not compatible. I finally was able to download the file from another site but the same thing happens. I have the nightly testing tools but how do I get spoofstick into the add-ons window so I can click the compatible button ?????

Relic (aka Mike Burton)

September 19, 2007, 09:42:26 pm
I'm lost seems I don't know what I'm doing. I tried downloading spoofstick and all I get is the install window and then says not compatible. I finally was able to download the file from another site but the same thing happens. I have the nightly testing tools but how do I get spoofstick into the add-ons window so I can click the compatible button ?????

I already had spoofstick installed but not working when I tried using Nightly Tester Tools. If you don't have it already installed, then there might be a problem in reinstalling it in the new version of Firefox where it is not compatible.
Jerry
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:43:57 pm by jheart »

September 20, 2007, 08:43:23 am
Thanks

Relic (aka Mike Burton)

* September 20, 2007, 09:38:01 am
Hi Relic, I was searching for spoofstick and might have hit a good one I found a site for a modified spoofstick that might do the job for you take a look at this site:

http://www.jarnot.com/wp/archives/2005/02/updated-firefox.php

cya l8r

September 20, 2007, 08:53:42 pm
I checked the site out but have the same problem, can't install the program to begin with. The site info is from 2005.  Thanks anyway.

Relic (aka Mike Burton)

* September 20, 2007, 09:12:09 pm
Well, It was worth a try sorry it did not work. It is a shame that they haven't upgraded spoofstick since 2005. Maybe if you un-installed Firefox and then installed an earlier version so spoofstick worked and then installed that nightly tester tools thing and then started upgrading one version of firefox at a time it might work.

Oh jheart good try at trying to help it was a learning experience.....

cya l8r

ozromie
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:13:57 pm by ozrom1e »