ComSoc Community

Users helping users!

In Memory of Jacques "Jack" Berlin
General Meeting Oct 22, 2019 Amherst Audubon Library   

Linux SIG Schedule
Read 3793 times
* February 21, 2010, 08:22:53 pm
It's my fault for not checking the WNYCOMSOC Calendar.  I went to the
Linux beginners "meeting" that was canceled.

I've looked around and I could not find a post anywhere saying it was
canceled.  The last thing I saw was Frank's post on wnlug's list saying he couldn't come
and that he hoped we'd meet anyway.

I rarely visit the wnycomsoc or wnylug websites so I didn't see it was canceled on the calendar.

Maybe someone could start a thread on one of these forums for meeting schedule changes.  Then, anyone who wanted to could post to that thread and they would get an email whenever a new post occurred and know to go look at the forum/calendar.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to post a message on the wnylug list too.  We might get some new faces that way.

Thanks.

Joe

February 22, 2010, 03:48:27 pm
Joe, There was a post in the Linux SIG category under SIG Boards also you can see all new posts on the right side of the webpage under Navigation.
This is a link to the post:

http://www.wnycomsoc.org/community/index.php/topic,981.msg1418/topicseen.html#new

I agree that either I or somebody else should have posted about it in the WNYLUG list because there are several WNYLUG  members that are interested in our linux SIG. We will post any cancellations of the comsoc linux SIG on the WNYLUG list in the future.
Jerry

* February 24, 2010, 09:02:50 pm
Greatly appreciated.